Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Blogging

Oh my, I did not realize how long it has been since I last made an entry. It has been pretty hectic around here. Now Jonah and I are sick and not to much is getting done. But at this point it doesn't bother me. I haven't experimented with any new recipes lately. I have kind of had a boring cooking experience lately. Well, during Christmas my mother bought me a fondue pot. We tried a recipe with sirloin steak and a really good chili sauce. I will try to find the recipe on that and post it since it was pretty simple but very good.

I just made a bloody mary chicken in the crockpot. It was pretty good. It calls for bloody mary mix, but since I had spicy V8 I just decided to use that. You put the chicken in the crockpot. I used 2 small cans of the spicy V8 with a lb of boneless skinless chicken breast. If you like more sauce then use more of the V8. Then you add carrots, celery, a little minced garlic and onions. Cook on low for about 8 hours. I served this over couscous since I love it. It really wasn't that expensive with the V8. I did not price the bloody mary mix so I am not sure how much that would cost.

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

This comment should link you to mine. You'll check out my link for Pink Saturday just click on the link of Beverly and it will take you to it. it is so much fun

Jenn